Who are we?
Drive Yello helps businesses efficiently manage last mile delivery and connects them to gig economy drivers so they can meet the ever-increasing demand for convenience. We work with some of the largest retail clients here in Australia which include Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Coles, Terry White Chemmart just to name a few.
The Yello Platform provides retailers unprecedented access to data and control of last mile delivery and has proven to help businesses not only improve their delivery service but also enable them to provide a delivery on demand. Retailers are attracted to Drive Yello as they not only get access to innovative technology but a marketplace of couriers to help them provide the convenience customers are demanding.
Reporting into the Product Owner, you will create innovative design solutions within a close-knit and collaborative team based in Surry Hills. You will be the first dedicated Product Designer on the team so it's an opportunity for you to take full ownership of this function.
- Partnering with product managers and engineers to synthesize insights and ideas into requirements and deliver products and services that have a real impact.
- Working closely with engineers to come up with technically viable, simple, and scalable solutions for a diverse set of customers.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps and
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Assessing existing information architectures and identify areas for improvement
Skills & Experience
- Deep exp. in at least one of the following facets of design: user research, user experience design, interaction design, or visual design
- Demonstrated experience across both Website, android and IOS platforms
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Strong user research and usability testing, prototyping, interaction design, wireframing, visual design and UI development,
- Collaborate and work with Front End & Back End Development teams to create unique new greenfield product/platform
- Advanced Web, interaction, and responsive design skills including HTML authoring, design and collaboration tools (e.g. Sketch, Coda, Figma, Miro, Invision, Photoshop, Adobe creative suite).
Ideally, you will be:
- A designer that strives for excellence and is a passionate advocate for our users
- A problem solver who loves big challenges and tackles them in a collaborative and visual way
- A team-player that is comfortable collaborating with developers, product owners, and wider project stakeholders.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of an agile team within a start-up.
- Demonstrated experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role, with a portfolio of design projects.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! Please also feel free to share your CV and examples of your work with us on Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org.