Drive Yello helps businesses efficiently manage last-mile delivery and connects them to gig economy drivers so they can meet the ever-increasing demand for convenience. We have ambitious growth plans and are looking for a General Manager to help us grow our business. We work with some of the largest retail clients here in Australia which include Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Coles, Terry White Chemmart just to name a few.
The Yello Platform provides retailers unprecedented access to data and control of last-mile delivery and has proven to help businesses not only improve their delivery service but also enable them to provide delivery on demand. Retailers are attracted to Drive Yello as they not only get access to innovative technology but a marketplace of couriers to help them provide the convenience customers are demanding.
At Drive Yello, we relate our success directly to the strength of our management team. To continue operating at our high standards, we’re seeking an experienced general manager to join us. As an ideal candidate, you’ll be a born leader with previous managerial experience. You’ll have proven experience overseeing operations, major client relationships and potentially human resources, finance, and customer care departments, too. You’re an expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a wide range of departments. Ultimately, you’re driven by the desire to lead a team toward maximum productivity and efficiency.
Objectives of this Role:
- Develop strategic plans for optimized productivity
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Uphold standards of excellence and quality
- Lead the Data and insights team to ensure all executive decisions are made by turning robust data into meaningful and actionable insight
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing existing partners and new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Delegate responsibilities to the best employees to perform them while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved
- Own the organisational dashboard, showing performance and insight across the organisations key business drivers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field
- Previous performance evaluation experience
- Working knowledge of human resources processes
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus